I was recently invited to visit the NYC flagship of Parisian luxury Sothys Spa to try their new Sensitive Skin Facial. Located in Midtown West just 2 blocks south of Central Park, Sothys has been setting the standard for the professional beauty care industry for more than 60 years and is represented in 20,000 spas in over 115 countries worldwide.
My skin was feeling very sensitive, especially with the changing seasons, and the area around my nose was dry and peeling after a recent cold. The 50 minute facial treatment was ultra calming and soothing and is perfect for the most sensitive and reactive skins. The sensitive skin facial also included their unique decongesting facial massage with chilled porcelain spoons, which at first felt very cold, but also surprisingly calming. Afterwards my skin was super soft and moisturized. My face really glowed and looked dewy and clean. Thanks to Sothy and my amazing facialist, Zina! I’m excited to try the samples I received of the new sensitive skin line that was used in my facial.
Sothys’ complete sensitive skin line is formulated to protect against external aggression, soothe all sensations of discomfort and balance sensitive skin. The line is available at spa locations all over the US. You can find locations here.
1. Micellar Cleansing Water $28: An effective yet gentle 2-in-1 cleanser for the face and eyes.
2. Soothing SOS Serum $46: Quickly neutralize permanent or temporary sensations of discomfort, and limit their appearance.
3. Nutri-Soothing Mask $42: Emergency care with a melt-in texture to soften and maintain the balance of sensitive skin and relieve sensations of discomfort.
4. Soothing Melt-in Fluid $52: A fresh fluid to protect and comfort sensitive/combination skin.
5. Soothing Velvet Cream $52: A rich cream to protect and comfort sensitive skin prone to dryness.